Rich-text Reply

MVT Results Page - Measuring the effect of each section?

eOps 02-10-15

MVT Results Page - Measuring the effect of each section?

Hi All-

We are runing an MVT test and I'm looking to isolate the different sections so I can measure the size of the effect of each section?  Basically, how can I say:

Section 1 had a XX % effect on the goal 

Section 2 had a XX % effect on the goal 

Section 3 had a XX % effect on the goal 

In my specific case, each of the 3 sections has 2-3 varations. What do I need to select or deselect  from the baseline menu on the results page to get the % effect on the goal? Can someone help with details.  I see in the below post some general instructions but I need more detail.

https://community.optimizely.com/t5/Using-Optimizely/MVT-Results/td-p/2356 

Thanks so much! 

Level 2

Brian_Abad 02-10-15

Re: MVT Results Page - Measuring the effect of each section?

Thanks for your question!

If I understand correctly, the question relates to how to change the baseline variation of the experiment - is this correct?

If yes, the baseline is indicated in the top right-hand corner of the Results page (but to the left of the right panel). It is indicated by a "Baseline" text. It's also covered within our knowledge base article here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039935-The-Results-page#filtering.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're looking for!
---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely
eOps 02-10-15

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for the reply. I understand I can choose different sections from that drop down and switch around the baseline.  What I don't understand is how to configure it so I tell what impact each section had on the goal.

For example, I have 3 sections in my MVT test and each section has an original/variation.   

If I wanted to say

Section 1 had XX.XX% Impact on the Primary Goal

Section 2 had XX.XX% Impact on the Primary Goal

Section 3 had XX.XX% Impact on the Primary Goal

or even 

Section 3 - Original  had XX.XX% Impact on the Primary Goal

What do I need within that drop-down menu to report the impact of the section?  Do I uncheck the boxes for each of the sections except the one I want to see the impact?   Well that give me an impact percentage?  

I attached a generic screenshot where you can see the Impact is shown on the far left for each of the sections and the specific elements of that section. 

Thanks so much!

mvt-report.png
Level 2
mharnett 06-23-16

I am running a 7x2 MVT experiment and want to see the combined lift for each section variation, as the results page you displayed above shows.

My current reporting only shows every single combination of variations, and is basically useless since the traffic isn't aggregrated.

How do I see the reporting by section variation that you show in your screenshot?

Level 1