Rich-text Reply

Maintaining Mobile Pages Across a Series of Tests

prodport 10-20-14

Maintaining Mobile Pages Across a Series of Tests

We would like to start testing mobile pages on our site. To start, we're going to be testing 8 pages.  We'll have Optimizely detect if it's a mobile browser and then redirect a portion of that traffic to a new mobile page with a different URL. Each page will be its own test.

The question is, how do I make sure that if someone got the mobile version of 1 test page, they would also see the mobile version of the other mobile pages and vice versa? As example, if someone get Mobile Page 4, I also want those people to see the mobile versions for tests 1,2,3,5,6,7 or 8. 

Level 2

Amanda 10-22-14

Re: Maintaining Mobile Pages Across a Series of Tests

Hey there! If you are running separate experiments, then each visitor will be evaluated and bucketed into a variation randomly.

Are you able to run the experiment as a multi-page test instead? With a multi-page test, a visitor is guaranteed to stick to the same variation throughout the entire experiment (over several pages). This test type is actually only available for our Gold and Platinum plans, but it sounds like it's exactly what you need for this test.

Without a multi-page test, you could parse experiment cookies and manually bucket a visitors into a variation based on what version they've see in the past for another experiment, but this would be quite complicated with so many different experiments and it would require some technical implementation.

Let me know what you think of the above!

Optimizely
prodport 10-28-14

Re: Maintaining Mobile Pages Across a Series of Tests

Thanks Amanda.

Apologies on delay. I don't recall seeing an email that you replied. Sadly, we are on a silver plan. I'll float the idea of a plan upgrade.

Level 2