Rich-text Reply

Mobile Page Redirects

Nati 06-27-16

Mobile Page Redirects

Hey folks!

We want to run a test on our mobile page (different url from our desktop page). When you navigate to the mobile page on a desktop, you are redirected to the desktop url.

Here's the issue: I enter the url for the mobile page to the experiment, the editor loads the desktop page - even when I try using the mobile page editor.

Any idea how I can solve this?

Thanks!

Level 1

Lyndsey 06-28-16

Re: Mobile Page Redirects

This experience may happen if the page is optimized to determine if a visitor is coming from a mobile device or not. Optimizely mobile view just changes the height and width to simulate a mobile device for editing purposes, but your page is reading directly from the browser (not Optimizely) what the device is.

To work around that:

* load the Optimizely page emulating a mobile device
* get out your binoculars Smiley Wink
* navigate to Options > Editor Settings > Mobile
* let the page reload, it will pull in from the browser that you are coming from a mobile device and load the mobile page
* remove the device setting and let the browser go back to normal.

Since the browser is still cookied into a mobile setting, you'll have that mobile view until you decide to reload the page.
Thanks,
Lyndsey
Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely
Optimizely
Nati 06-29-16

Re: Mobile Page Redirects

Hi Lyndsey,

Really appreciate the help here.

I followed your steps, but the page is still not coming up properly in the editor (page is: http://strauss-water-tami4.co.il/lp1/mobile/ - please excuse the Hebrew Smiley Happy) - I'd understand if it simply looked incorrect - we are editing a mobile page, after all. But the text on the page is not the text as it appears in the wild.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Level 1