Rich-text Reply

Multipage experiment

HB 11-17-14
Accepted Solution

Multipage experiment

Hi all!

I have this problem.

Trying to do an experiment on multiple pages; www.thethief.com (norweigan site) & www.thethief.com/en/ (english site) and on every page on that site.

I'm a bit confused in understanding the difference between Simple match, Exact match, Subtring match & regular expression. Don't get the logic in the knowledge base document,,

Thanks ahead Man Happy

// Henrik

HB
Level 2

HB 11-17-14

Re: Multipage experiment

Or could this be the solution?

Simple match on the specific pages,,

HB
Level 2
HB 11-17-14

Now I get why I can't get it to work, I think since I'm only on a Silver plan I can't access "Multi-page experiments". That's got to be the why.
HB
Level 2
JDahlinANF 11-17-14

If the experiment should only run on those two pages, what you have set up for "Simple Match" is perfect, but then you said "and on every page on that site"

Simple Match runs on only the specific URLS listed (as you have it set up, the two homepages)

Exact Match is just like Simple Match, but lets you include specific URL parameters

SubString Match is useful for targeting pages that have something in common in their URL paths

Regular Expression is used when SubString would be cumbersome or you have to work with the patterns that appear in the URL rather than specific text that appears in the URL.

Check this article for even more details.

Without knowing all the details of your URL patterns, I'll try not to speculate too much on possible URL Targetting patterns that will work for you, but I'll take a pass at what might help...

Looking at your site, I only see two versions of it.  If you want the experiment to run oon all pages of both sites...

1- if thethief.com is the only website you use this Optimizely snippet on:

Regular Expression on .*

or

Substring Match for thethief.com

2- if you use this Optimizely snippet on multiple websites:

Substring Match for thethief.com

One last guess...

Supposing you have a French version of the site too, with a URL like http://www.thethief.com/fr and you do not want it to run on that site, you could exclude that site also using a substring match, in which case you could set up  targeting like this.