Rich-text Reply

My experiment is not working.

sg 08-25-14

My experiment is not working.

Hi ,

My experiment is not running as per the condition which i mentioned for cookies. Actualy i am working on Signup Slider , and i put the condition in Edit Audience (Visitor does not have any of these cookies ,only then Slider not come).

But i am getting issue in while i am using command in console :  Optimizely.push('log')

issue is :   Optimizely / Condition / Failed for experiment 1630591034 (paused) [time 103 +0]

One more thing i want to know , is it possible to run and edit the experiment if it is paused.

Kindly , help me in above concern.

Thanks,

SG

sg
Level 2

michaelwei 08-25-14

Re: My experiment is not working.

[ Edited ]

Hi SG,

Sorry to hear about your issues! I'm sure we can find a solution.

It's great that you're looking at the Optimizely log - those entries will show you exactly what is happening.

The message you pasted above is something perfectly normal. The (paused) at the end means that the experiment in question is currently not running. It says "failed" but really that means "failed to evaluate to true" when it checked to see if it was a running experiment or not.

What you'll want to look for are the "Optimizely / Visitor" log entries. In each of those entries, you'll see the log showing comparisons for each audience ID (which can be found by going to your Dashboard -> Audiences). Here, "failed" also means failed to evaluate true, so don't be alarmed if you see that terminology!

Do you see those entries?

For your second question, it definitely is possible to edit the experiment if paused, the editor doesn't care if it's running or not. You won't be able to run it at the same time, but there are a variety of debugging and QA methods, as is outlined in this KnowledgeBase article

Optimizely
sg 08-26-14

Hi,

Actually i am stuck with something, i have set the Audience using Cookies like(Google , Bing) and choose the condition like (Visitor does not have any of these cookies ). But when i do preview url using google or bing cookie,the signup slider box is come. But i don't want the slider to come with cookies Google or Bing.
I need help me on this.

Thanks,

SG

sg
Level 2
michaelwei 08-27-14

Hi SG,

The Preview doesn't always interpret Audiences in the right way, especially if the Preview window is loaded via proxy and if multiple experiments are running. Have you tried using the Test Cookie testing method? Using the test cookie (described in the previously linked article), you can more accurately test from a real user perspective.
Optimizely