Rich-text Reply

My snippet is not triggered onload onready at all

hubenet 12-28-16

My snippet is not triggered onload onready at all

The optimizely snippet (optimizely X) is in the HEAD of my document. I make simple test with window.onload = function(){console.log("Hello");} but it doesnt work. The snippet is in there and I can use the optimizely code in the browsers console, but the experiment and preview urls are not working like: ?optimizely_x123456789=1 oroptimizely_x=123456789. How can I make sure I have a working preview? I neeed to preview..

Level 2

RyanC 12-28-16

Re: My snippet is not triggered onload onready at all

I'll actually write the code "console.log("Hello");" on its own.

To make sure your code is running I would:
- create an audience which is limited to have a test cookie
- run the experiment on 100% traffic on the variation
- in your console type "optimizely.push("log") to see the details of the Optimizely snippet.
Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Experimentation Hero
hubenet 12-28-16

[ Edited ]

Hi Ryan, thanks for your response. In my snippit I see old javascript from an old version of the test that is not from the variation I am trying to preview. Does that mean anything?

Question: in optimizly classic I preview with optimizely_x123456789=1 in the url. With this new optimizely X how do I get that easy preview link working?

Level 2
RyanC 12-28-16

Use the command "optimizely.revision" to make sure you are testing the latest version, because sometimes the changes are not immediately and may take 5mins or more.
Ryan
------------------------------------------------
The best solution is the simplest.
Experimentation Hero
hubenet 12-28-16

Hi Ryan, apparently I have been editing a test in optimizly classic while it is a optimizely X test. Thank you for your time I have it working.
Level 2