Rich-text Reply

My variation changes aren't showing in preview

ksones 09-29-16

My variation changes aren't showing in preview

Hello  There,

I'm trying to implement my first test, a CTA variation.  I made the change in editing mode and view it there.  However, when I enter into either Interactive mode or try to preivew I can only see the original. 

HELP!?? 

Thank you!

Level 1

mminshew 09-29-16

Re: My variation changes aren't showing in preview

[ Edited ]

When you interactive mode you only see the original. Optimizely has it that way in order to allow you to manipulate the original page from what I understand.
When you go to the preview page are you sure that your selecting your other variations in the "experiments showing on this page" dropdown. I think it defaults to the original.. the dropdowns should be on the top of the experiments tab in the preview screen

(EDIT) I would strongly recommend setting up a test cookie. I've Found that to be immensely easier to use than the preview tool. (https://help.optimizely.com/QA_and_Troubleshoot/Set_a_test_cookie%3A_Preview_a_live_campaign_or_expe...

Michael Minshew,
Learning something new every day.

Level 5
ksones 09-29-16

Thank you Michael, some helpful info here! Unfortunately in preview I believe I've appropriately selected to view the variation. I've dropped down to specifically view the variation.

Helpful info on the cookie as well, that'd be a good backup to have!
Level 1
mminshew 09-29-16

Happy to help, you might try a different browser as well or just clearing your cache, both those options have helped me as well. I think you'll find that once you use the test cookie option its hard to go back and try something else. Good luck!
Michael Minshew,
Learning something new every day.

Level 5