Rich-text Reply

New Visitors as audience

aukev 06-27-16

New Visitors as audience

[ Edited ]

I have a quick question on the New Visitors Audience as the description here is not very clear:

https://help.optimizely.com/Target_Your_Visitors/Audience_conditions%3A_Descriptions_and_examples#Ne...

It says:
" For a new visitor, this audience condition is also “sticky” for the duration of that session. In future sessions, those visitors will become "returning" visitors and thus won't be targeted as "new" visitors."

It's unclear what happens to visitors who saw the experiment (because they where new) and later on return. Will they see the variation they saw when in the experiment or will they be regarded as returning and see the standard version?

The behaviour I`m looking for is to only show the experiment to new visitors (new users) who haven't visited the site before. And keep showing those people the variation they initially saw when they return to the site at a later moment.

Level 2

aukev 06-27-16

Re: New Visitors as audience

To be sure, the behaviour I`m looking for is to only show the experiment to new visitors (new users) who haven't visited the site before. And keep showing those people the variation they initially saw when they return to the site at a later moment.
Level 2
pt7481 07-28-16

Re: New Visitors as audience

I'm also interested in targeting New Visitors in the same way for our mobile app experiments. Bumping for any ideas!
Level 1