Rich-text Reply

Newly Created Goals Cannot be Deleted

JRChandler 01-28-15

Newly Created Goals Cannot be Deleted

I created some goals for a test earlier today and it turns out I will not be using them. I would like to delete them from my goals to keep the clutter down. Everytime I try to delete one I get the following message:

This resource is no longer available. No forwarding address is given.

If this error persists, please let us know at our support page.

Our engineering team has been notified.

Any ideas?

Amanda 01-29-15

Re: Newly Created Goals Cannot be Deleted

Thanks for bringing this up! I will look into this internally and get back to you as soon as possible!
Optimizely
Brian_Abad 01-29-15

Thanks for the question!

Are you a collaborator on this account or are you an Administrator? I've checked within my own account in which I am an Administrator and was able to successfully delete goals.

A list of what's available within each collaborator level can be found in our knowledge base: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040775-Manage-collaborators-and-user-roles.

Please feel free to reach back to me if this is not the case! If it is not the case, can you provide some steps to reproduce what's going on?
---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely
JRChandler 01-29-15

[ Edited ]

Hi Brian, I am a project owner for the account in question (project name begins with Content)

I have the ability to create and delete tests as well as create goals. I believe that I've deleted goals in the past too, but I'm not 100% positive.

To replicate the issue here is what I do:

1. Click on any test in the experiments page

2. Click 'edit' in the goals section in the right column for that test.

3. Click ''add a saved goal'

4. Locate the goals i want to delete and click 'delete'

5. The next window starts loading and I can see the red delete button show up, however before it loads completely the windows turns into the error I posted in my first post.

I want to delete every goal that starts with "Sam", there are 11 of them.

Brian_Abad 01-29-15

Thanks for all the details! I'm going to open up a support ticket and send you a separate email to investigate further. I appreciate you letting me know about this!
---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely