Rich-text Reply

Optimizely Compatibility with WooCommerce

queenbew 02-18-16

Optimizely Compatibility with WooCommerce

Hi there,

I want to set up Optimizely for the first time on a page of my WooCommerce shop. However, the preview of my page is just the plain-text version and isn't very easy to play around with. 

Has anyone had problems integrating Optimizely with WooCommerce before? 

Many thanks,

Olivia

Level 1

DavidS 02-19-16

Re: Optimizely Compatibility with WooCommerce

Hi queenbew,

Thanks for reaching out to Optimizely Support!
As far as I know, I haven't heard of any issues regarding WooCommerce and Optimizely.

This issue you are experiencing could be due to the fact Preview Mode can sometimes suffer from display issues, especially when dealing with complex pages.

Have you tried using other Quality Assurance tools to test your experiment before it is going live?
For example, you could use a Test Parameter or a Test Cookie to exclude all visitors but you from seeing the experiment. Here is a bit more of insight on both of those alternatives:
- The Test Cookie allows you to only show the experiment to visitors who have a specific cookie set in their browser. Please note that this feature is only available on some Optimizely plans.
- If the Test Cookie is not available with your plan, then an alternative solution to test your experiment before it goes live is to use the Test Parameter. This Parameter allows you to append a query parameter to the URL so that only visitors with this query parameter will see the experiment. This Parameter is available on all plans.

Using any of those two alternatives will allow you to see a live preview of your experiment.
If you'd like to find out more about how to test your experiment before it goes live on your website, you can check out this article in our Knowledge Base.

If you are able to see a live preview of your experiment using any these alternatives, then the plain text version you are seeing in Preview Mode is most likely due to a mixed content issue. If you are using Google Chrome, you can fix this issue by clicking on the shield icon located in the address bar and choose "Load unsafe script". The page should load fine then. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, you need to click on the shield icon and select Keep Blocking > Disable Protection on this Page.
You can find out more about mixed content issues and how to fix them via this link from our Knowledge Base.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
David
Technical Support Representative
Optimizely - EMEA

Optimizely