Rich-text Reply

Optimizely Single Sign-On FAQ

Tiutan 07-01-15

Optimizely Single Sign-On FAQ

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone, 

Today we released single sign-on (SSO) to customers in select Enterprise plans. Here are answers to your most frequently asked questions regarding this feature:

• Can I change password and/or email if logged into an SSO-enabled account?

On SSO-enabled accounts, only administrators on the Optimizely account will be allowed to change password and change email on the account.

• What do I do if Optimizely’s SSO is not working?

Please contact your Optimizely account administrator to file a support ticket with Optimizely and disable SSO on your account settings page.

• What do I do if my Identity Provider goes down?

Please contact your Optimizely account administrator to file a support ticket with Optimizely and disable SSO on your account settings page.

• Can I sign in using my regular password?

On an SSO-enabled account, only an administrator on the Optimizely account can sign in using their email and password on optimizely.com. Other collaborators on the account will need to sign-in using their SSO credentials.

• How do I login to my non-SSO accounts?

To log into a non-SSO account, sign in with your email and password on optimizely.com and you will be logged into a non-SSO account that you have access to. From here, you can switch to any other non-SSO account you have access to. Switching between non-SSO accounts is allowed.

• Will multi-account login work between non-SSO accounts?

Yes. Switching between non-SSO accounts is allowed.

• Will multi-account login work between SSO and non-SSO accounts?

No. If you are a collaborator on multiple accounts, switching out of and into an SSO-enabled account will not be allowed for security reasons. To log into a non-SSO account, logout and login to your non-SSO account by supplying email and password on optimizely.com.

• Can I add collaborators who don’t have SSO credentials to my SSO-enabled account?

If you add collaborators who don’t have SSO credentials, they will not be able to log in to the account.

• Can existing collaborators on my SSO-enabled account access the account if they don’t have SSO access through my organization?

No. Only collaborators with SSO credentials through your organization can access your SSO-enabled account.

• Will all of the projects in my account be accessible only via SSO?

Yes.

• How do I revoke a user’s access?

On optimizely.com, you can remove the user as a collaborator.

On your end, e.g. for off boarding, it depends on how you revoke access for a user in your identity provider.

• How do my non Admin collaborators login to an account if we turn off SSO?

They can login using their old password if they had one. If not, they can invoke the Forgot Password flow and create a new password.

Chris Tiutan
Optimizely, Inc. 415.409.9169
Optimizely