Rich-text Reply

Optimizely & classic GA through GTM

Eva 01-18-16
Accepted Solution

Optimizely & classic GA through GTM

Hi there!

I could use a little help with my current Optimizely/GA set-up as I'm currently not receiving any data in Google Analytics. My website uses classic Google Analytics, deployed through GTM. The snippet for Optimizely is at the top of the <head> with the snippet for GTM being in the right place as well. New experiments are integrated with GA through the option in the editor, and the custom var slot isn't being used by anything else.

However I've been unable to get my data into Google Analytics. I've run through all the troubleshooting in the databasae, but the solutions either have to do with the placement of the snippet or activating the integration for the experiments: both things we're doing correctly.

I'd love any and all ideas for possible fixes for this issue!

Eva
Level 2

Amara 01-19-16

Re: Optimizely & classic GA through GTM

[ Edited ]

Hey Eva, I'd be happy to look into this for you! I am going to open a ticket for you as this will require some troubleshooting. Please look out for an email from optimizely support. 

Best,
Amara

-----
Teja Shah
Technical Support Representative
Optimizely
robertchan 01-19-16

Within the experiment you want to shoot GA data off of, have you gone to the integration section and set the custom dimension you're using in GA along with the account name?

In addition, you probably want to create a report in the custom reports section of your GA. It would go something like this:

- Set your metrics (bounce rate, % exit, etc.)

- For dimension drilldowns, do Page > the dimension your experiment is set on

- Filter > include the dimension your experiment is set on (Regex by experiment ID)

Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
Eva 01-26-16

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your help Amara & Robertchan! The problem is fixed! The issue was the fact that I didn't have the tracker name box checked in GTM. Once I did that the data came flooding into my reports. 

Eva
Level 2
robertchan 01-26-16

Awesome and anytime!
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero