Rich-text Reply

Optmizely breaks the page, even if I don't change anything on the variant

ydoll 02-26-16

Optmizely breaks the page, even if I don't change anything on the variant

I'm trying to test one page of our checkout flow and at first it seemed that even the slightest style change seems to break the page. What I mean by "break" is when I fill out the form and hit "continue" it just spins and never goes forward. The odd thing is that I tried just creating a variant with NO changes on it and the behavior is the same- it just spins and won't move forward.

Is there something specific that has to do with post logged in (or in this case) guest checkout pages?

Yvonne

Level 2

DavidS 02-29-16

Re: Optmizely breaks the page, even if I don't change anything on the variant

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that you are having issues with your checkout funnel when the Optimizely snippet is added on the page. Can you confirm that the Optimizely snippet is present on all the pages of your funnel? 

If so, I would like to have a closer look at your website in order to diagnose exactly what the issue is. Would you mind posting a link to your website? If you don't want to share the URL publicly, you can pm me directly the link. It would also help to send me login credentials allowing me to access the gated content. 

Let's get to the bottom of this!

Best,
David

Optimizely
ydoll 03-02-16

HI David, Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes the optimizely snippet is installed on our entire checkout funnel. You can see the page I'm referring to here (it's pre payment) You'll have to add something to yoru cart to see it. https://www.mauijim.com/en/checkout/multi/delivery-address/addAddress
Level 2
DavidS 03-09-16

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for putting a link to your website.

I was able to take a look at your account and noticed that no experiments were targeting this page. Did you still want to run an experiment on this page?

I went through your funnel and you are correct it looks like the snippet is present on all pages. However I was not able to reproduce your issue. Are you still experiencing issues with your checkout pages and Optimizely?

Please let me know so I can start investigating why you are having an issue.

Best,

David

Optimizely
ydoll 03-10-16

Sorry for the delay in response...I had deleted the broken test. But here is a new one that is behaving the same way. You don't need log in access as we have "Guest checkout" just enter any email to get to this page. 1) add something to your cart 2) visit the cart and hit checkout 3) use guest checkout 4) this is the page : https://www.mauijim.com/en/checkout/multi/delivery-address/addAddress/?optimizely_x5278011237=1

This variant is merely a dupe of the original, I've made no changes to it, but if you try and submit the form it just spins. Our production page does not behave this way, I'm almost certain it's only an issue with any variant I create.
Level 2