Rich-text Reply

Organic Traffic Audience Filter Possible in Free Version

DoubleD 05-25-15

Organic Traffic Audience Filter Possible in Free Version

Hello all

I am fairly new to the regular use of Optimizely and my other account is the old Silver so has more functionality. 

What I need to do is try to use optimizely to filter all organic traffic and drive visitors to specific pages.  I have been working with Google experiments which is proving very difficult with our system so was hoping to do it here. 

I have been unable to figure out how to do this in the tool, I have read all the support forums and have found nothing helpful.  I thought about including all search traffic and excluding all paid by using utm but we have way too many campaigns for me to list out each one and I haven't found a quick way to block all. 

Is it possible with this version?  If so where do I need to go to find out how to accomplish this?

thanks everyone

Level 2

MartijnSch 05-26-15

Re: Organic Traffic Audience Filter Possible in Free Version

Hi,

Check out this help guide, it provides information on how you can create audiences and target in various ways to make sure you can take the traffic from a certain source: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201876450-Audience-conditions-Descriptions-and-example...
DoubleD 05-28-15

Re: Organic Traffic Audience Filter Possible in Free Version

Hi MartijnSch

Thanks for the link, this could prove helpful. I had tried something similar but was unable to exclude anything coming from google paid by using a generic expression. Is there a generic expression that will block anything containing ?utm or something similar?

All of our paid traffic goes to specific pages and I don't want to interfere with that...

thanks again, I feel like I am a lot closer
Level 2