Rich-text Reply

Paused experiment variations still receiving Visitors

JEncore 03-10-17

Paused experiment variations still receiving Visitors

Hi there, 

I was wondering why I am still receiving visitor and goal conversion data from experiment variations which were paused months ago.

For example, one variation has been paused for 2 months, yet when I segmented it by Date Range:  "Last 7 days" in the relevant Experiment, it had over 45 visitors, of which around 35% had completed a tracked goal.  

Ideally, I would like to ensure that paused Experiment variations are never surfaced to our site visitors. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jonny 

Level 1

tomfuertes 03-10-17

Re: Paused experiment variations still receiving Visitors

Paused experiment's don't show the variation any longer. That said I tried to segment by "last 7 days" in Optimizely for an experiment and couldn't target dates outside the dates the experiment was active. Can you include screenshots? Maybe you're looking in GA at a user level variable and those are just return users who aren't seeing the experiment any longer but originally did when it was live?
____
- Tom Fuertes | CTO @ CROmetrics / LinkedIn
"Most Impactful Use of Personalization" and "Experience of the Year" Optie award winner.

JasonDahlin 03-10-17

Re: Paused experiment variations still receiving Visitors

When you pause an experiment, users who saw the experiment are still bucketed into that experiment.
When they meet any goals. since they are still in the experiment, the goal counts, even though the experiment is paused.
--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy