Rich-text Reply

Possible to transfer or import an experiment from one Optimizely login (account) to another?

Mike_in_SF 04-08-15
Accepted Solution

Possible to transfer or import an experiment from one Optimizely login (account) to another?

One of our clients created a free Optimizely account, threw up an experiment on their site and got some results in not realizing that we were managing a CRO plan for them already (it's a large company -- 'nuff said)

I'm wondering if it's possible to "import" (lack of a better word) their experiment into our Optimizely account?

This would include their results, all the settings, etc etc

Is that even possible?

- Mike
Amanda 04-09-15

Re: Possible to transfer or import an experiment from one Optimizely login (account) to another?

Great question. Unfortunately, there is no way to import/transfer experiment across accounts. You can only clone between projects in a single account.

The best thing would be just to copy the code and paste into a new experiment in the correct account. However, I would caution to make sure that the snippet on the site correlates with the account where you plan to run experiments. There should only be 1 unique snippet on a site. I worry that if the experiment is actually running in a separate account, then you might have 2 snippets. Can you confirm this?

Also, how long has the experiment been running? If it's close to significance and you haven't yet launched any experiments or the snippet for the other account, you could let it run and then discontinue that account afterwards.

Sorry there's not a better solution here! Let me know if you have additional questions.
Optimizely
Mike_in_SF 04-09-15

Re: Possible to transfer or import an experiment from one Optimizely login (account) to another?

You stole the 2 solutions we came up with right out of our minds!

Frankly the experiment itself is easy to bring over (copy/paste from 'edit code', make sure all the configurations are same/same and you're out the door). It's more of a convenience conversation --- having all our results in 1 master account.

Thanks anyhow!
- Mike
Amanda 04-09-15

Mind reading is a requirement for being a Community Manager at Optimizely. Glad to hear this won't cause *too* much of a headache for your team. Convenience factor is huge. 

Just kidding about the mind reading btw Smiley Happy 

Optimizely