Rich-text Reply

Post Title doesn't switch like wise no proper result and report : A/B Headline Testing

okansari91 06-03-14

Post Title doesn't switch like wise no proper result and report : A/B Headline Testing

Hi, 

I have been using Optimizely (Wordpress Plugin) for the A/B Testing of the content and UI/UX but when working for the A/B TITLE Testing it does not comes up with the proper Reporting, the counter of Unique visitors and website hit remains 0. Although it accepts the Variation Input #1 and #2 via A/B Test Headlines Panel but fails to switch the Heading on the Output, like wise the reporting does not comes up with the proper outcomes.
I have approached this plugin via this link [http://developers.optimizely.com/samples/#wordpress-headline-testing-4] and below is the attached .ZIP File of the Plugin via GitHub [https://github.com/optimizely/optimizely-api-samples/tree/master/wordpress_plugin/optimizely]. Please help me in Analyzing the result and give an overview of how can i achieve that toggle feature between the Heading.

Re: Post Title doesn't switch like wise no proper result and report : A/B Headline Testing

Hi Okansari1914,

In instances that show zero visitors often times there is an issue with the Optimizely snippet installation.

Can you confirm that the Optimizely snippet is installed correctly?

You probably already know this but just in case - you can check this by going to view > source on your web browser.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Keith

Keith Lovgren

Kathryn 06-05-14

Re: Post Title doesn't switch like wise no proper result and report : A/B Headline Testing

[ Edited ]

Hi @OKANSARI91,

Seconding what Keith said, if your experiment is getting 0 visitors, there is likely one of two factors at play:

1) The snippet is not installed on the page
2) The targeting conditions for the experiment are incorrect and no visitors are meeting them

A quick way that you can check whether the experiment is running on the page as intended is to open up the developer console (in Chrome, hit CTRL + SHFT + J) and type in optimizely.activeExperiments and then hit enter. If no experiment is running, you will see an empty array returned, which looks like so: []

On the other hand, if the experiment is running, you'll see the experiment ID returned.

I hope this helps you in your troubleshooting efforts. I'm happy to take a closer look if need be.

Kind regards,
Kathryn

Optimizely