Rich-text Reply

Preview a community post eats the post

DougC 10-06-16

Preview a community post eats the post

Sorry for posting this in "Using Optimizely". I was looking for an area to ask a question about the community itself. When I enter a post's body in rich text and then hit the preview tab, the body, subject and select location are blanked. In other words, the post is erased.
Doug C
Level 3

Highlighted
DanielQ 10-06-16

Re: Preview a community post eats the post

Hi Doug,

I'm not able to reproduce this bug. Let me make sure I understand it correctly:

1) On the community home page (community.optimizely.com), I click Create a Post

2) From the Rich-Text tab (which is the default tab), I write a subject, choose a Location (I chose Using Optimizely), and wrote some text in the body.

3) I click the Preview tab

4) I click back to the Rich Text tab.

For me, everything behaved the way I thought it would. I saw my preview, and when i clicked Rich Text again, everything was still there. Incidentally (in case it's important), I'm also logged in to the community while doing all the above steps.

Would you please try testing these steps again to see if you can reproduce the bug? Thank you!

Daniel 

Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely
DougC 10-06-16

Thanks Daniel,

I can still recreate the problem, and I went to a different PC and got the same result.

I tried w/ Firefox and w/ Chrome.

I start w/ "Join the Discussion" on the community's home page and press "Post".

I then follow all of your steps.

Preview still eats the post's subject, location, body.

Now, interesting that when I clicked on reply from my post, entered content, hit preview... that was ok (i.e. no post eating). 

Doug

Doug C
Level 3
DanielQ 10-06-16

That is so weird. I tried again and had no problems. Then, I decided to impersonate your account. I tried while logged in as you, and I totally ran into the same bug you describe. So, it seems like the bug is reproducible when logged in as you, but not for me. 

Would you mind trying something for me? Earn the Complete your Profile badge. I'm curious if there's any connection there. In any case, I'll forward this to Lithium, our Community vendor. 

Does anyone else experience this bug? Would love your help in QA! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Daniel

Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely
DougC 10-06-16

Well, I earned my profile badge like you suggested.  It didn't do the trick unfortunately.  This isn't a huge deal.  I just won't use the preview feature in the future.

Doug C
Level 3
DanielQ 10-06-16

I appreciate you trying. I'll file a bug with Lithium. Thanks!

Daniel

Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely