Rich-text Reply

Preview and Interactive Mode aren't refelcting the changes I made in Edit Mode.

audr_y 05-20-14

Preview and Interactive Mode aren't refelcting the changes I made in Edit Mode.

I made some changes to a variation, saved them, and when I preview or switch to ineractive mode, the changes revert back to the original.  I read there were sometimes delay in saving, but even after waiting over 20 hours after saving, my changes still don't reflect in preview. What am I doing wrong?

Level 2

Re: Preview and Interactive Mode aren't refelcting the changes I made in Edit Mode.

Hi Audr_Y,

I sometimes run into this issue myself. Have you verified that the Optimizely snippet is installed correctly on the page your testing? Sometimes the page can get overwritten by a well meaning IT person and the code gets removed.

This tutorial gives a good overview.

If you're sure it's there, you can do a "force preview"

This tutorial gives a good overview.

https://learn.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201943813-Product-Lesson-Previewing-and-Testing-Exper...

From the article:

You can find experiment ID in the experiment’s URL in the Optimizely Editor, or by going to Options > Diagnostic Report.

The variation index is 0 for the original, 1 for variation #1, 2 for variation #2, and so on.

So if your experiment ID was 111111111 and you wanted to see variation #1, you’d pop open your browser and head to:

http://www.nameofyoursite.com/?optimizely_x111111111=1

And voila -- your variation will display! You can use this technique to force yourself into a specific variation -- it doesn’t matter if the experiment is live, paused, or in draft mode. It’s an extremely easy way to share your variations and preview them in different browsers, without even logging into Optimizely.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Keith Lovgren

brian-tcr 05-22-14

Re: Preview and Interactive Mode aren't refelcting the changes I made in Edit Mode.

It's a little more time consuming but you can also try running the live experiment just on one machine. Keith's link also details how to do this. You should be doing that to test your experiment across browsers anyway and it's the best way to determine what your edits will actually look like when live.
audr_y 05-22-14

Thanks Keith! This worked for me. 

Level 2

No worries, AUDR_Y, happy testing!
Keith Lovgren