Rich-text Reply

Problems with integrating Crazy Egg

tnosugar 11-26-14

Problems with integrating Crazy Egg

Hello,

I have used the Crazy Egg integration feature in the experiment options and have the following problem veryfing the integraion.

I have not added any additional code anywhere, but I wasn't instructed to by any notice to this either

The error message is:

• Snapshot name matches code on page? No. The snapshot's name is Optimizely Balkan Insight Home - Source banner: Variation #1, but there is no CE_SNAPSHOT_NAME defined on that page.

Level 2

JDahlinANF 11-26-14

Re: Problems with integrating Crazy Egg

According to your homepage, http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/page/all-balkans-home, CE_SNAPSHOT_NAME is defined with the value you are looking for (from my console):

CE_SNAPSHOT_NAME
"Optimizely Balkan Insight Home - Source banner: Original"

But, trying to access the page with the Optimizely parameters in the screen shot, it looks like you have disabled Force parameters, preventing the variation from running using the parameters specified.
In this state, your homepage loads with CE_SNAPSHOT_NAME as undefined:

(from my console):

ReferenceError: CE_SNAPSHOT_NAME is not defined
CE_SNAPSHOT_NAME

tnosugar 11-26-14

Disabled them in optimizely or crazy egg?

Level 2
Amanda 11-26-14

In Optimzely. Here's a support article that explains how to enable the correct Project Code settings so your CrazyEgg integration works: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/202480860-Project-Code-Settings-and-JavaScript-Configu...

Note: once you enable descriptive names and force variations, you may need to duplicate your experiment and start it over. CrazyEgg can be finicky when it's not right from the very beginning. The force variation box should be *unchecked*

Also, check out the tip box at the top of the support article here for details on your CrazyEgg integration. 

Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 1.55.03 PM.png

Optimizely
tnosugar 11-27-14

Hm. I started a new experiment called Balkan Insight Home Premium

I did, or at least I think I have, what you said, but now the snapshot is not event generated in Crazy Egg.

If understand correctly, all the options in the Project Settings should be unchecked

UNCHECK Mask descriptive names in project code and third-party integrations

UNCHECK Disable the force variation parameter

UNCHECK Exclude draft and paused experiments

Level 2