Rich-text Reply

Redirect issues

jennifer_key 12-14-16

Redirect issues

I am running a test on landing page A with links to other landing pages (A-1, A-2, etc) as my control and the variable is a new design, landing page B, with it's own links. I am doing this as a redirect, because Optimizely doesn't play nice with Drupal. My issue is that if a user enters on landing page A and clicks on a link to go to page A-1, Optimizely might send them to page B-1 because of the redirects in place. Is there a way to tell Optimizely not to redirect a URL if it's clicked from landing page A?

Michal 12-15-16

Re: Redirect issues

Hi Jennifer,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you trying to make sure that visitors that land on the landing page A are sent through the links to the pages A-1, A-2,... while the visitors who are redirected to the landing page B are sent to the pages B-1, B-2,...? I believe that multipage experiment(https://help.optimizely.com/Build_Campaigns_and_Experiments/Create_multi-page_funnel_experiments_in_...) could help you achieve your goal but In order to provide you with some solution I would need to have a bit more details, can you please let me know your experiment ID and whether you're using Optimizely Classic or Optimizely X?

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,
Michal
Optimizely

Hi Michal,

I'mm looking at the multi-page test instructions now and this might help. I have two experiments where this is an issue:
Experiment ID is 7985023755 and 7993531961

Thank you!
Michal 12-15-16

Dear Jennifer,

I had a quick look at your experiments and I also think that multipage experiment setup is what you're looking for. Just change your experiment type to multi-page experiment and add your pages to the original or variation accordingly. Once a visitor is bucketed into a variation in a multi-page experiment, Optimizely makes sure that going forward s/he's exposed only to the pages from the corresponding variation.

I hope this solves your problem but please let me know in a case this solution wouldn't work.

Best regards,
Michal
Optimizely