Rich-text Reply

Resetting code for a single container

Ed 01-09-15
Accepted Solution

Resetting code for a single container

Hi, I've had a couple of instances where I've built a page over the course of an hour and once I've come to QA there have been problems with the signup event that I could not troubleshoot. I've been forced to reset the original container code by having to rebuild the page from the original as I am unsure how to reset just a single containers code. Is this possible? It would save a lot of time once coming to the QA process.

Thanks!

Ed
Level 2

Brian_Abad 01-12-15

Re: Resetting code for a single container

If you are familiar with the selector that identifies the element on your page, you could open up the < edit code > box of your variation and look for every instance of that selector and remove or comment out the code that creates the changes. This is essentially the same as the "reset" you've mentioned.

For example, if you are creating changes to your main call to action on your site, it would most likely be identified as an 'h1' element on your page. Opening up the < edit code > box, to remove changes to this element you could delete or comment out code that starts with $('h1'). Does this make sense?

Let me know if I've misunderstood or if you have further questions!

---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely
Ed 01-13-15

Re: Resetting code for a single container

[ Edited ]

Yep thanks Brian. My CSS is just about at the level to do this, thanks for clarifying. Will come back with any further questions if needed.

Ed
Level 2