Rich-text Reply

Run experiment on page behind a login

Avinoam 04-27-15
Accepted Solution

Run experiment on page behind a login

I tried all the answers available but nothing is working. Any other ideas?

I want to run optimizely on our product which is web based and behind a login but can't get it to come up in the editor properly.

Level 2

adzeds 04-27-15

Re: Run experiment on page behind a login

Hi @Avinoam

This is something that I continually have issues with.

I would recommend submitting a support ticket and getting some help specific to your website.
David Shaw
Level 11
td_evans 04-27-15

What works for me is logging in in a one tab, then opening the editor in another tab.

Thomas Evans
Technical Product Manager - Conversion @ Secret Escapes

Level 2
Amanda 04-27-15

@Avinoam - can you post the URL you are trying to load? Common culprits include x-frame options and not having the snippet on the page. However, I'd be happy to take a look and see what's happening for your specific page. 

Optimizely
Avinoam 04-28-15

Thanks @Amanda. I'd rather not post the URL I'm trying to work with as it's part of a paid product offering. I currently am not using your JS on our pages, I just wanted to see what it would look like in the editor prior to implementing the JS. If we implement, will this work better?
Level 2
Amanda 04-28-15

Yes, definitely. This is the first step for getting your page to load correctly in the editor. If your snippet is not on the page, then Optimizely injects a placeholder snippet and loads the page through a proxy. This does not cause issues in most cases, but it can be problematic for some pages. 

So, if you can get the snippet on the page, then it should work just fine. If you are still seeing issues, then we can investigate in more detail. 

Optimizely
Avinoam 04-28-15

added the snippet to staging and removed the compatibility mode and it works now. Thanks!
Level 2