Rich-text Reply

Running experiments on pages behind a login wall

StudyEnjoy 03-03-16

Running experiments on pages behind a login wall

Hello world,

I have been using optimizely on my home page and now I need to do some test on a page that needs me to be signed-in. I have tried to sign-in in interactive mode but all I get is a message saying {"success":true,"url":"\/fr\/admin\/"} but the targeted page won't load. So I did a Diagnostic Report and everything seems to be implemented correctly. Anyone knows what I should do?   

Thanks

Fred

DavidS 03-04-16

Re: Running experiments on pages behind a login wall

Hi Fred,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that you are having issues loading gated content in the Visual Editor. I also see that you have tried using Interactive Mode and you seem to be running into an issue.

One alternative to this might be to go through the following steps:

- Load the page in a browser that you would like to edit. Take the exact steps that get you to the page into the state that you want to load in the Editor.

- Open an adjacent tab and load the page in the Visual Editor

- Session-specific information should be kept by your browser and you should be able to access the gated content in the Visual Editor

This works because the Visual Editor loads the page the same way that your browser would. If you can access the gated content in a regular browser tab then you should be able to access from the Visual Editor. 

If you would like to find out more about accessing gated content, you can follow our step-by-step tutorial in the following Knowledge Base article.

If you're having issues with troubleshooting, would you mind posting a link to your website so I can have a look? If you don't want to share the URL publicly, you can pm me directly the link.

Best,
David

Optimizely