Rich-text Reply

[SOLVED] Need to send all traff from referrals to Var B and use rest of the traffic to test var A

joako 09-30-14
Accepted Solution

[SOLVED] Need to send all traff from referrals to Var B and use rest of the traffic to test var A

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I have an experiment with 2 variables

I would like to send the 100% of the traffic from certain referrals to Variation B, because only these users can understand variation B.

Then I would like to use the rest of the traffic to keep on improving the generalistic landing page on Variable A

I thought about creating 2 experiments instead of 1 and set different audiences in each of them, but I do not know if it works to run 2 paralel experiments on the same URL.

Thank you very much for your help Smiley Happy

>>> Update <<<

The solution provided by ADZEDS worked for the issue:

There may be someone who can suggest otherwise but I think you would have to have these as two separate tests.

I would set up a test with:
Original
Variation A
~ And give this an audience of all traffic minus that which needs to go to Variation B

Then have another test with:
Original
Variation B
~ Give this an audience of all traffic from your required source. Set 100% split to Variation B.

That should get you someway to where you are looking to go.

David Shaw
UX & Conversion Manager
Level 2

adzeds 09-30-14

Re: Need to send all traff from certain referrals to Var B and use rest of the traffic to test var A

When you say variation B what is it that you are trying to test?

Are you looking to send visitors to two different landing pages?
David Shaw
Level 11
joako 09-30-14

Re: Need to send all traff from certain referrals to Var B and use rest of the traffic to test var A

Yes, I have 2 different landing pages on the same URL depending on the traffic source.

Original is a generic landing page
Variation A is a variation of this generic landing page
Variation B is a variation of the generic landing page with extra information which only makes sense for users coming from certain traffic sources. (And I want all the users from those sources landing here).
Level 2
adzeds 09-30-14

There may be someone who can suggest otherwise but I think you would have to have these as two separate tests.

I would set up a test with:
Original
Variation A
~ And give this an audience of all traffic minus that which needs to go to Variation B

Then have another test with:
Original
Variation B
~ Give this an audience of all traffic from your required source. Set 100% split to Variation B.

That should get you someway to where you are looking to go.
David Shaw
Level 11
joako 09-30-14

Great!, thank you! I will try it and let you know if it worked out.
Level 2