Rich-text Reply

SPA Event Tracking - Classic

cubelodyte 10-12-16

SPA Event Tracking - Classic

I've read the article about Cross-Domain tracking but can't tell if it applies to my situation. https://help.optimizely.com/Measure_success%3A_Track_visitor_behaviors/Cross-Domain_Tracking_with_Op... We have an experiment running on a React.js page and although I can see from the console (XHR) that all of the custom events are firing, many of them do not make it into the Optimizely results. Is there a way to determine from looking at the XHR response/request information whether or not the failure is due to Cross-Domain or simple iFrame issues?
Scott Ehly
Manager of Site Optimization
sehly@rentpath.com

'The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.' - George Bernard Shaw
AllisonR 10-13-16

Re: SPA Event Tracking - Classic

Hi Scott,

Can you confirm that you're seeing the events sending with a 200 status when you check the console like is described here? Is this the method you're using to check the events? 

If the events are shown as being sent (rather than pending or failed) then this is most likely not related to an issue with an iFrame. Some things to check: 

• Are the custom event goals you are triggering associated with the experiment in the Optimizely interface? 
  • Are they event names spelled consistently in the goal set up and API call? 
  • Is the snippet installed on the page the same snippet id where the experiment exists in your Optimizely account? 

If none of the above helps, can you let me know the domain where the experiment is running so I can take a closer look? 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Allison
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely | EMEA
Optimizely
cubelodyte 10-14-16

Re: SPA Event Tracking - Classic

Allison, 

Thanks for the response. 

As it turns out, during unit testing of the experiment there was an Optimizely X experiment running as well. The OX experiment created some conditions that no longer exist in the Optimizely Classic experiment and that is the reason for my issues. 

The events are not, in fact, firing as expected (and won't until we complete the migration to Optimizely X).

This comes from the increased compatibility Optimizely X offers with regard to SPA technologies like React.js that we're using on that subject page. 
Scott Ehly
Manager of Site Optimization
sehly@rentpath.com

'The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.' - George Bernard Shaw