Rich-text Reply

Same Test, Multiple Pages (not a funnel test)

bsrweb 05-26-16

Same Test, Multiple Pages (not a funnel test)

I didn't see an answer to this but I'm guessing this must be a common thing to test? Scenario: we have a blog section and we'ld like to A/B test an announcement message on all blog post pages. So, it's multiple pages (100s) but it's not a funnel test.

I tried an A/B experiement using a RegEx pattern to target all our blog pages but what ends up happening is the blog entry that I use to create the A/B variations ends up replacing all our blog pages. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what to do.

If it helps, this is what I've set for URL targeting:

http://www.bsr.org/en/our-insights/blog-view/[a-zA-Z0-9\-\,._]+$

The last segment or slug in this URI controls which blog entry to display (this is the blog's title).

Help?

Thanks in advance!

Level 1

tedroddy 05-27-16

Re: Same Test, Multiple Pages (not a funnel test)

Hi bsrweb,

It sounds like you use the Edit HTML feature when setting up the experiment. When you're using one blog post as a template to set up an experiment that will be running on multiple blog posts, you'll want to make sure you don't use the Edit HTML feature in the Visual Editor. Doing so would essentially hard-code the HTML in the page to whatever content you selected in your template page. I would recommend setting the experiment up again but without using the Edit HTML feature. If you would like more specific support on this issue, you can file a support ticket and we will take a look at your experiment.
Best,
Ted
Optimizely
bsrweb 05-27-16

Thanks Ted, for your response. Yes, that's exactly what I did. If I can't use the Visual Editor, than what are my options? The Javascript API?

I'll fill a support ticket as well. Thanks again!
Level 1
tedroddy 05-27-16

bsrweb,

There are plenty of Visual Editor tools you can use, mainly you just need to avoid Edit HTML, Edit Text and Edit Image (if the image is specific to the blog post in your template page). You should still be able to use Edit Style, Move and Resize, Rearrange, and more. Happy to discuss this with you on your support ticket! Feel free to mention my name in the ticket and members of my team will send it to me.
Best,
Ted
Optimizely