Rich-text Reply

Script error for Click Tracking on Wistia video launch?

pkuhn 09-14-15

Script error for Click Tracking on Wistia video launch?

[ Edited ]

Hey Optiverse,

I recently launched a new test on www.globalscape.com/eft . On the actual page, I added a Wistia video (the one you see in or near the banner). 

My test is trying different locations for this video - and I was able to implement it beautifully, if I do say so myself Smiley Wink

The ISSUE however, is trying to use custom Click Tracking for my goal. The video has a Class of "wistia-popover[height=360,playerColor=083777,width=640]" from Wistia - and I want to track that.. however with my goal in place, there a JS error in the Console when you click on the video: 

"Uncaught Syntax error, unrecognized expression: width=640]"

I suspect the fact that there are commas in the class are causing an issue. Any ideas on a better way to track Wistia videos? 

Level 2

pkuhn 09-14-15

Re: Script error for Click Tracking on Wistia video launch?

[ Edited ]

OK, i dug in and changed my click tracking .. I added a new ID to my anchor , and set the goal to track that ID. 

Goals are tracking now but the script error is still happening. 

Level 2
Amanda 09-14-15

Re: Script error for Click Tracking on Wistia video launch?

[ Edited ]

@pkuhn - Can you please post the code you are using for the Custom Event in this discussion thread? Also, can I test it out on the URL you linked above? 

I can see that I am bucketed into a variation with the video, but I'm not actually seeing the console error. Any screenshots of this would be helpful too. 

Thanks so much! 

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 1.50.17 PM.png

Optimizely