Rich-text Reply

Search Box on hompage

jenniew_uk 05-03-16
Accepted Solution

Search Box on hompage

I'm creating a a/b test to include the word search in the search box hoping it improves conversion but i would also like it the word search to automatically remove when I click on the box. 

Any idea how to do it?

Here's my HTML - and can't figure out what needs to change. The word search is in here constantly. 

<input id="search" type="text" name="w" value="Search" class="input-text" maxlength="128" autocomplete="off" data-provide="rac" data-sli-position="fixed" style="position: relative; left: 186px; top: 2px; width: 334px; height: 38px; font-weight: normal; text-align: left; font-style: normal; border-width: 2px;">

MartijnSch 05-03-16

Re: Search Box on hompage

What you can do is replace value="Search" with placeholder="Search", what this changes is when you click the input field that the text will disappear.
jenniew_uk 05-03-16

Thanks that worked Smiley Happy
jenniew_uk 05-05-16

So my test is live, however the original search box did have a dropdown with results on the search. now my variation doesn't have that - any ideas?
MartijnSch 05-05-16

Not really, it could be that the value of the code was already used before in the suggestions. But my guess is that, that is really depending on your own set-up. What you could do is share the URL here or even better ask your developers.