Rich-text Reply

Send keyword from adwords to mailchimp form

eduardosch 02-22-16
Accepted Solution

Send keyword from adwords to mailchimp form

Hi.

How can I send the keyword from adwords to mailchimp form? I need to store this keyword at a mailchimp field.

Best Regards,

MartijnSch 02-23-16

Re: Send keyword from adwords to mailchimp form

Hi Eduard,

What you could do, is send the keyword in a parameter via the keyword insertion URLs of Google Adwords to your page. The next step would be is to take the data from the parameter and make sure you can include it in your MailChimp form. It's not the most easy task but with a developer or some of your own coding skills you should be able to pick this up within a day!

Let me know if it all makes sense.
eduardosch 02-23-16

Hi MARTIJNSCH...

Yes... I'm already sending the keyword as a parameter in my URL.

My doubt is about sending it to Mailchimp by using javascript in Optimizely.

Thank you.
MartijnSch 02-23-16

So most of the stuff you would have to do should be done through the creating custom code via the code editor of Optimizely. The first thing is pick up the value from the parameter which you could do via JavaScript based on the explanation here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/901115/how-can-i-get-query-string-values-in-javascript

The second thing is that your MailChimp form is going to need a hidden field with the value of this variable. Which you should be able to set via JavaScript as well. It probably will look something like this I guess: $("form input.keyword").attr('value', parameterValue); .

eduardosch 02-23-16

Exactly Martijn...

That's my idea.

The problem is my poor knowledge in web development.

I'll try to find a developer.

Tks a lot.
MartijnSch 02-23-16

That would probably be the best idea, it's quite hard to help from a forum if we wouldn't know the code for example.