Rich-text Reply

Setting Up Redirect Page as Variation

MkRider 05-10-15

Setting Up Redirect Page as Variation

[ Edited ]

Hey there

I am really confused about using Optimizely and split testing 2 separate pages.

I've watched the video tutorials and all. It says make sure to include the snippet in both pages. But how?

I am using wordpress and the only place i can put the snippet is the head tag

I am making something wrong here.

When i created my experiment i was asked to put the original url. In this case i use my home page and as variation i wan't to use redirect page to another url but when i put that url Optimizely shows me the page as slisghtly invisible. I can't edit the same like the home page, so here it goes i hit the start button and it says capaign runs.

Then when i clear my cache so see if the pages are rotating, i can only see the home page shown. I tried to make 100% of the traffic to go on the redirect url and again it shows only the home page.

What i am doing wrong here.

Btw the url/page i want to be as redirect is not set to index as i don't want google to index it.

Thanks

Level 2

MkRider 05-10-15

Re: Setting Up Redirect Page as Variation

Ok after some time reading through the support articles I see that you are not allowed to make any changes to the redirect url variation - makes sense.

What's left is how to add and should i add the snippet in both pages.

As said above the only place where snippet can be added with out showing is inside head space.

I've tried to add it in both pages separately via html, and it shows the code when i look the page as visitor.

So what i am doing wrong here

Thanks
Level 2