Rich-text Reply

Shopping Cart A/B test

jenniew_uk 04-05-16
Accepted Solution

Shopping Cart A/B test

I'm trying to set up a A/B test with the shopping cart - but everytime I do this the cart is empty.

After reading lots of posts I have added items in my basket on a different tab, tried it on incogneto browsing and deleted all my cookies and repeated all the process - the code is definately implimented at the basket.

Any ideas?

MartijnSch 04-05-16

Re: Shopping Cart A/B test

Hi,

What are you trying to achieve here and what is not working? I think some more feedback on what is going wrong might help figure out what the problem is in this case.
JasonDahlin 04-05-16

@jenniew_uk - Based on what has been tried to fix the brokenness, I'm guessing the editor is not displaying the Cart with items in it?

Have you tried switchign from "Editing" mode to "Interactive" (top right area of the editor window)?  This will let you navigate and shop on your site (adding things to your basket then navigating to the cart page) and then switch back to "Editing" mode once you are back on the Cart page with items.

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
jenniew_uk 04-08-16

I've tried going to interactive and adding baskets but a message comes up saying they can navigate off the page URL for the test. I'm trying to do A/B on the shopping cart when a customer has items in, i'd like to remove some elements off the page
jenniew_uk 04-08-16

When I navigate through the editor to a different page to add to basket I get a 404 page.
jenniew_uk 04-08-16

It looks like the page is thinking i'm a new user (as the welcome email sign up message shows up every time, even though it is only supposed to show once per customer)
jgreiner 04-26-16

[ Edited ]

You need to make sure you have the Optimizely extension (and it is active) when editing changes to the cart. In a different tab navigate to your store, add a product (any), snag the url and build your test from there in Optimizely.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/optimizely/nicncpklpbcicjhlikgnpphpiknjjlpn

Jonathan Greiner
eCommerce UX & Optimization Manager

Level 2