Rich-text Reply

Simple Experiment Fails

KenBrown 01-16-15

Simple Experiment Fails

[ Edited ]

I created a new experiment yesterday and it didn't work at all. So, I went to the simplest test I could perform.

console.log('ab testing');

 

Even this doesn't work.

I have run the diagnostic report.

I have run the URL Targeting tool.

I went to the Optimizely debug 101 page and though it was helpful it didn't resolve the problem.

The experiment is running.

I see the code base in the script on the page using FireBug.

It works fine in my QA environment pointing to my stage platform.

I ran it in preview mode and it works.

 

I have exhausted all the things I can think of to make this work. I am absolutely sure I am missing something so easy a first grader can figure it out. But, I have nothing.

 

When I go to the test page the log file does not reflect the message I am expecting to see.

 

 

Level 2

KenBrown 01-16-15
 

Re: Simple Experiment Fails

I have good news. I was able to get this to work. After I ran it in preview mode then it started working on the site. I don't know why that triggered everything to work, but it does.  Hopefully long term this will help someone.

Level 2
Amanda 01-16-15
 

Re: Simple Experiment Fails

I am glad you were able to figure this out! I'm not sure why this was not working, the preview mode should not affect whether or not your experiment runs. It is possible that the snippet was not properly saving. In any case, please let us know if this issue comes up again and we can certainly help you look into it! Have a lovely weekend.
Optimizely