Rich-text Reply

Site pages not displaying correctly in Optimizely editor : redirect issues

Estelle 03-03-16

Site pages not displaying correctly in Optimizely editor : redirect issues

Hi

For a few days, I can't make no change in Optimizely editor. When it load my website page in the editor's frame, the url of the page "https://app.optimizely.com/edit?experiment_id=087667" (i've changed the id for the example) moves directly to the url of the page I want to test "http://mywebsite.com/mysuperpage". Sometimes it moves to another url with a beginin like "optimizelyeditor".

I'm using Mozilla Firefox. I've already fixed issues with mixed content, as it's recommanded in the article "Troubleshooting: Compatibility mode warning and mixed content in the Editor". I turned on false "security.mixed_content.block_active_content", because my browser disallowed the app to refresh and load my customer's website pages.

In Chrome, when I allow the browser to load all scripts, even unsecure scripts, loaded page doesn't correctly display. It display a white space.

The website is watcheezy.com, if you need to check anything in code. This bug is new, before the app was working great !

What can I do ? I read a lot of help pages in Optiverse, or replies in its forum, but I didn't find the solution. Thanks a lot !

Estelle

Level 1

DavidS 03-04-16

Re: Site pages not displaying correctly in Optimizely editor : redirect issues

Hi Estelle,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that you are having issues with loading your website in the Visual Editor. I also see that you have tried the most common troubleshooting steps and this still didn't fix the issue.

In order to let you edit and view your page on optimizely.com, the Visual Editor loads your website in an iFrame. Some websites refuse to be iFramed and this could be the reason why the Visual Editor doesn't load your page. Are you aware of restrictions regarding iFrames on your website?

If this doesn't help, let me know and I will take a closer look.

Best,
David

Optimizely