Rich-text Reply

Split URL Testing doesn't capture

ergin 07-05-16

Split URL Testing doesn't capture

Hi Guys,

I'm running URL split testing but some reason one of the variation doesn't capture the referrer URL. Our website is built on Wordpress and we use gravity form to capture the details of the leads. In practice, we receive confirmation email for each form submission i.e. referrer, embeded url, IP addresses etc..(please see the attached file)

I have recently launched URL splitting campaign but one of the variations doesn't capture the referrer URL and instead it's showing the experiment ID.

Is there any reason for that?

Thanks

Ergin

Level 2

Mario 07-06-16

Re: Split URL Testing doesn't capture

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

I had a look at your document and I'm wondering if this is just a single incident or if this happens to 50% (all variation1 leads) of your form submissions?

Best,
Mario

Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
ergin 07-06-16

Hi Mario,

It does happen to %50 of  all variation 1 leads.

Thanks

Ergin

Level 2
Mario 07-07-16

Hi Ergin,

app.optimizely.com/edit?experiment_id=... is the Optimizely Editor URL. How many conversions with that referrer URL are we talking about?

Could you please provide any information how gravity form evaluates the referrer URL? Is it document.referrer?

Best,
Mario
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
ergin 07-12-16

Hi Mario,

The issue with the Embed URL not the referrer URL - my mistake, sorry. - but the problem sill occurs. For example, we've just got another conversion and the embed url still shows optimizely experiment ID instead of actual embed URL

The actual embed URL should look like the one in the attached file. 

Thanks

Ergin

embed url doesnt work.png
Level 2
Mario 07-13-16

Hi Ergin,

I'm a bit confused now. What exactly do you mean with Embed URL? Could you please attach a screenshot with a higher resolution? How does the Embed URL get captured. Could you please give an example of which page are you on, to fill out /submit the form and which URL are you expecting to see in your reports?
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
ergin 07-22-16

Hi Mario,

I've stopped the campaign for the time being, Thanks for your help.

Level 2