Rich-text Reply

Split testing pop-up by splitting traffic

IVG14300 08-02-16

Split testing pop-up by splitting traffic

Hello. I am looking to run a split test where 10% of my audience receives an age verification pop up, the 90% do not receive the pop up. I do not have multiple URL's, as the pop up is going to be displayed on all pages of the website. Would it be possible to create a test where this % of traffic sees this pop-up? I am used to runnign tests where this is more than 1 URL to A/B test, but in this case, there is no additional URL as the variation with pop up must come up on every single page of the website.Looking forward to any assistance. thanks!!

Level 2

robertchan 08-02-16

Re: Split testing pop-up by splitting traffic

Yes, have two variants, one set to 10% and another to 90%. On the 10% variant, you'll presumably have this set as your control since you stated you already have the pop up running on every page, and on the 90% variant, use code to disable the pop up.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
IVG14300 08-02-16

Hi Robert thanks so much - can you help me decipher what the code needs to look like on the 90% to disable the pop-up? is this created through the experiment audience settings?
Level 2
robertchan 08-02-16

Anytime, the code would be in the variation code section of your experiment on the the 90% variant. I don't know what your site is so can't tell you the exact code to write, but it would be along the lines of something like this:

document.getElementById('lightbox').remove()

Where lightbox would be the ID of your overlay, pop up, or whatever element you want to remove for the 90%.

Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
IVG14300 08-02-16

makes total sense now, i will pass this along to our developers and let them handle it. thanks Robert! You are a big help!
Level 2
robertchan 08-02-16

Anytime, and glad to be of help!
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero