Rich-text Reply

Supported versions of Android browser and iOS browser

Tammy 04-22-15

Supported versions of Android browser and iOS browser

Hello,

Now I am trying to make the test of mobile webite.

Then there are some issues that I need your help.

1. Docomo's native browser (Android 4.0.4) : Can't see the variation.
2. Docomo's native browser (Android 4.2.2)  : Counted as Chrome
    (Docomo is Japanese mobile service)

3. Opera (iOS8.3 / Androir 4.2.2) : 
     - Not count click event
     - CV for purchase complete show 0 but the revenue  
     - Not count click event, but revenue value show "minus" big number like "-21465836.48"

Now I am wordering maybe Optimizely has unsupported browser versions for mobile like unsupported IE7 of desktop.

I have 2 thing I would like to ask you:

1. Could you please provide me the supported and unsupported version for each moble device if you have that?
2. Could you advise me or give me your thought to solve the issue above?

Thank you,
Tamie

Tamie
Level 6

Mario 04-22-15

Re: Supported versions of Android browser and iOS browser

Hi Tammy,

Unfortunately there is currently no such list, but we are working on it.

Generally Optimizely runs on all browsers that support JavaScript and jQuery version 1.4.2 or later.

However, Internet explorer 6+7, as well as WAP browsers are not supported. WAP browsers can't load jQuery / JavaScript, but a lightweight version of the language called WMLScript, which is why the Optimizely snippet will not be able to execute.

Could you please answer following questions?

1. Have you set up mobile audience settings and if so what are the specifications/conditions? If your visitors are using browsers that are unknown to Optimizely, they might be excluded from the experiment.

2. How do you currently measure that a particular browser is not working?

I'm looking forward to your reply!

All the best,
Mario

Sr. Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
Tammy 04-30-15

Re: Supported versions of Android browser and iOS browser

Hi Mario,

>1. Have you set up mobile audience settings and if so what are the specifications/conditions? If your visitors are using browsers that are unknown to Optimizely, they might be excluded from the experiment.

I didn't set anything when I asked this question.

Now I set audience setting like below,

・ "Is other mobile phone"

or

・ Satisfied window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('iPhone') != -1 && window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('CriOS') != -1

Additionally, (I don't know English expression for this - new block for audience setting - because I always use Japanese version, maybe "And"?)

・ Is not Opera

Custom JS line is trying to execute iPhone Safari, the reason why is we got to use 3rd party cookie for cross-domain tracing.  

2. How do you currently measure that a particular browser is not working?

When I didn't set audience setting, I tried to visit the pages by colleage's smart phones like I mentioned in the topic.

I was using actual devices not simulators.

I think now I could excute the things that showd me something weird at the demo.

But making sure which is the thing we should excute was so time consuming si I appreciate i you can let me now what kind of devices are suspecious in advance.

Thank you for your help!

Tammy

Tamie
Level 6