Test firing but not doing anything, AND have Optimizely in the wrong place
There is a test running on the this page (force parameter link)
and changes are supposed to be n the widget for phone deals.
If I post the code in the console, it works but the test is not doing anything. As much as I have tried to cover the scoping issue, I believe there is more to the problem than that.
MAKE NOTE that Optimizely fires in the end of the page ( can't help but so is the case with this site as it doesnt have it installed in the <head>).
Any genius ideas on how to launch the changes in variation.
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
are you using a conditional activation? If yes, have you already tried to set it to manually and activate it thru the console?
Can you post two screens of original and variation? It is easier to evaluate then :-)
Experiment 7573024214 has 3 variations:
"7581732391" - control, does nothing
"7582662625" - will not work because
- it contains "console.log" commands. You could change these to be window.console.log, but it would still fail if the user does not have their console open.
- Also, you are using several jQuery methods that are not included in your snippet. You can either change the version of jQuery that is included in your snippet or change these references to "window.$" so that they will use your site's version of jQuery instead of Optimizely's version. Specifically, I found the following:
"7587734311" - same issues as variation 7582662625 (non-window scoped jQuery commands failing because the methods are not in the version of the jQuery you are loading via Optimizely
And, not to be rude or antyhing, but this site has WAY too many tracking pixels on it. It overloaded my network console's limit and was incredibly unresponsive/laggy. In the time it took me to write this up, the webpage was still loading.
Analytics and Testing Guru
Thanks for response Michael
The changes are in Amazon and Ebay tabs of the widget, where you should see Amazon Logo CTAs and eBay style CTAs.
I did try conditional activation there as well test was getting activated but nothing was happening.
Just tried the manual activation as well. test fires but the nothing changes on these tabs. You would have noticed that these are ajax call and the changes are using .when and .done, but that logic should not interfere with the issue here.
below is what it should be like as additional CSS classes are loaded n the test.
Would try these and agree with you on version of jQuery. let me give it a shot and get back.
Also agree that it has too many pixels, and trust me the day we find any more revenue streams, being a publisher, we would get rid of them. in short that's what keeps the lights on here mate.
i think Jason is completely right; there are JS-errors appearing in the console.