Test not working on https
The experiment is working nicely across the site but I lose it once it goes to the shopping cart. The url then changes to https from http. The thank you/checkout success page is not firing in the optimizely stats.
The url match is set to simple as instructed.
If not, does your URL targeting have "http://" in it but not "https://"?
Also, verify that the optimizely snippet is loading on your shopping cart page.
I changed the homepage to https:// and the experiment persists. I did already verify that the optimizely code is on the cart page.
The url targeting is set to simple match. Using the "url checker" in the experiment dashboard it said that it should work on the cart page.
What Interesting... since the code is on the cart page, there must be some reason you are failing to qualify for the experiment.
Run this in your console of your cart page:
It will list out a bunch of log messages including lines about the exeriment you are having issues with. You're looking for lines like this, but for your experiment ID:
Optimizely / Condition / Testing experiment 4207228238 [time 25 +0] Optimizely / Condition / Testing URLs for experiment 4207228238 [time 25 +0] Optimizely / Condition / Failed to match any URL for experiment 4207228238 [time 25 +0]
In this example, I failed URL Targeting.