Rich-text Reply

Test sitewide dynamic elements in header

te00 06-25-15

Test sitewide dynamic elements in header

We have a page we'd like to test where we would like to split-test the header.

In detail, we want to move around the position of the basket (dynamic) along with several more elements.

We can easily code this and make Variation A appear sitewide through the use of a parameter, or something else. However, I don't see how we can use URL Targeting (as suggested in several Optimimizely-guides.) 

To be clear, the goal is to test two significantly different header-designs (Control vs Variation A) where several elements are edited.

Is this do-able in Optimizely and if yes, can someone guide me in the right direction?

Level 1

MartijnSch 06-25-15

Re: Test sitewide dynamic elements in header

Don't you just want to target the whole site to make sure the changes will apply everywhere and then let Optimizely decide what 50% of users will get the right look and feel?
te00 06-25-15

Hi MartijnSch

My problem is changing several elements (like re-styling entire header) and split-testing.
Level 1
MartijnSch 06-25-15

Why not set a JS variable for the things that you want to change and use that in your targeting settings to go for a certain variant? Might that help you out?

If not, could you explain your situation in a bit more detail. Becaus I'm not sure if I completely get what you want to be done otherwise.

siherron 06-30-15

[ Edited ]

I'm with MartijnSch here - I think we need a bit more information to get to the bottom of the issue you're having. Maybe you could send over a link to the site you're testing on?

Simon Herron
Optimisation Consultant
Level 2