Rich-text Reply

Testing Blog Post A/B testing

Tercy_Toussaint 07-15-15

Testing Blog Post A/B testing

Hi! Can you help me figure out how to set up the different variations for my blog post. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 11.59.45 AM.png

So far i added 3 variation and clicked on create experiment. however, i am not able to see anything in Optimizely.com stating or showing that my experience is running. Am i Missing something? Can you please provide me some instructions because I need to have these up and running ASAP.

JDahlinANF 07-15-15

Re: Testing Blog Post A/B testing

You said you created the experiment and added variations... did you start the experiment?

If the experiment is started, dod you check the URL targeting of the experiment with the URL of your page to make sure the experiment will run on that URL?

Did you try going to your site to see if the experiment is running? (Delete your optimizelyBuckets cookie to (possibly) be re-targeted into a different varaition.)

If that doesn't help... post a link to your site to make sure you have Optimizely installed on the site correctly, etc.

Honestly that is why i am reaching out to you and your team. I don't know if the experiment started or not. I dont believe i did because i am not able to see it in Optimizely.com.

Can you please provide me instruction on how to check the URL targeting of the experiment with the URL of your page to make sure the experiment will run and how to locate and delete my optimizelyBuckets cookie.

Here is the link of the post i believe the Variation should be running on 

http://insightpool.com/twitter-101-tweet-content-best-practices/

if i give you accept to our WP-admin panel? can you make sure everything was setup correctly?

JDahlinANF 07-16-15

[ Edited ]

Tercy,

To see if your experiment is running or not:

1- on the "Overview" page, next to the experiment's name, does it say "draft", "paused" or "running"?  If it does not say "Running", click the experiment name then click the "play" arrow (right facing triangle) that appears at the top of the list of experiments.

or

2- on your "Editor" page, there is a big green button at the top right that says either "Start" or "Pause".  If it says "Start", click it.

To check URL targeting

Open the "URL Targeting" pop-up and click on the "URL Match Validator" link at the bottom.  Enter the URL of your page and it will tell you if the experiment is going to run on that page or not.

But, looking at the URL you sent, it looks like perhaps you did not save your experiment.  The only experiments listed for your site are "CTA Button on Homepage", "Homepage Tagline", "Noun Phrase Test", and "A/B Homepage 01".

Amanda 07-17-15

@Tercy_Toussaint - have you seen this Knowledge Base article? It has images that walk you through how to publish an experiment from Wordpress. Does this help?  

Let us know if you are still having trouble and I'd be happy to dig into this in more detail. 

Optimizely