Rich-text Reply

Testing GA-Analytics integration fails

Mr-BS 05-20-16

Testing GA-Analytics integration fails

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I´ve integrated Optimizely with Analytics but after setuo all the task from the documentation the debugger tools shows me no optimizely var like cd[x].

If done these steps:

1. Optimizely Integration ist "on" and shows usage at 2 Experiments.
2. Optimizely script is visibel at markup and set after ga('create' ......) and before ga('send', 'pageview');

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
        (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
                m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
        })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXX', 'http://mydomain.net/');

window.optimizely = window.optimizely || [];
        window.optimizely.push("activateUniversalAnalytics");

ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
        ga('require', 'ecommerce', 'ecommerce.js');
        ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);
        ga('send', 'pageview');
        ga('send', 'event', 'controller', 'load', 'account_order', 1, {'nonInteraction': 1}); // event tracking

3. Custom Dimensions are set per experiment to 1 or 2.
4. Custom Dimensions per Experiment ar created at GA
5. Custom Report/s created, like described with adding the dimension, filter etc.

I´m bucked in a ga variation but the debugger shows me nothing about optimizely.

Any hint for me what I´ve missed or done wrong?

Level 2

DavidS 05-24-16

Re: Testing GA-Analytics integration fails

Hi sRBjoern,

Thanks for reaching out to Optimizely Support!

From the steps you have described it looks like you have completed the correct steps. Is the experiment running and are you bucketed into this experiment when you are checking the Debugger? 

If this is the case, then I'd like to get a link to your page so I can double check this integration for you. One other thing to check is your implementation - is this Google Analytics tracking code hard-coded or implemented through a tag manager? 

I hope that is helpful. Feel more than free to reply back with any additional questions at all.

Best,
David

Optimizely