Rich-text Reply

Testing 'My Account' Page - cookies?

RattyRyan 12-07-15

Testing 'My Account' Page - cookies?

Hi,

I'm trying to carry out a test on an 'account' page that appear once a user has logged in. I put in the URL but just get taken to an error page as the cookie doesn't carry from my existing session in IE.

If you load the login page to Optimizely I can't then log in to the account page once the credentials are entered due to cookies not being used.

Is there any way I can enable cookies when setting up an Optimizely test so I can try different variations on the Account page? 

Re: Testing 'My Account' Page - cookies?

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your question. When you say your cookies don't carry over from my existing session in IE, do you mean that you're loading Optimizely in another browser? Cookies are specific to a browser, and won't carry over from browser to browser. The cookies should be available to Optimizely if it's in the same session, unless your website sets up the browser cookies very restrictively.

If you aren't already, can you try logging in into your website in the same browser and in the same session as you're loading Optimizely in?

If you're already doing this, could you have a look at this article on troubleshooting editor loading issues and let me know which steps you've tried? And if you'd like me to have a look, can you give me the URL of your website as well, and possibly PM me some test login credentials?

Best,

Nils

ymia 05-27-16

I too have issues with conducting tests on an account-based page.  I've looked at the editor loading issues and tried all of them without much luck.  Would be happy to work with an engineer on this.  Thank you!

Level 1

Hi YMIA,

Apologies for the later follow-up! Can you pm me your email address (that you also use for your Optimizely account) and send me the URL you're trying to load too? I'll go in and have a look.

Best,

Nils