Rich-text Reply

Testing multiple identical call to actions on the same page like in a catalogue

lana 01-13-15

Testing multiple identical call to actions on the same page like in a catalogue

I am trying to test new call to actions on a marketplace page that has multiple call to actions. Iike a catalogue I have many products on the page, and they all have the same call to action "Select". I would like to test other options like "Get" or "View" but am not sure how I would change it across all the buttons. I also have multiple pages in the catalogue, and would prefer to be able to have all the buttons read the same call to action.

Level 1

Arun 01-14-15

Re: Testing multiple identical call to actions on the same page like in a catalogue

Hi Lana-

Would you be able to post the URL for the page? That would make this easier to answer.

What you want to do is relatively straightforward if you're somewhat familiar with Javascript and HTML, and your CTAs have a common attribute (e.g. class). For example if your CTAs look like:

<button class="cta" type="button">Click Me!</button>

Then you could use the following line of code in your variation (edit code window) to change all of the buttons:

$("button.cta").text("Get");

Of course this is speculation - seeing the page would make this easier to answer.

Hope this helps.

Arn
I'm an engineer with a marketing problem at FunnelEnvy

Level 2
Brian_Abad 01-14-15

Re: Testing multiple identical call to actions on the same page like in a catalogue

Just to piggy back off of what @Arun said, the way Optimizely creates changes to your page is through using jQuery. What we do is utilized a jQuery selector - think of this as text that identifies elements on your page. Keeping this in mind, selectors can be very specific to identify particular elements on your page, or they can be broadened to encompass more than one element on your page. 

More on this can be found in our knowledge base article here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200829734.

---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely