Rich-text Reply

Testing on Google Chrome

Yosh 08-06-15

Testing on Google Chrome

Hi, I have troubles running testing forms on Google Chrome. 

The first time I access the page, variation page is shown. but when we reload the page or access the same page again,  then original page is sometimes shown.  It happens only on Google Chrome. I do not use secret mode and I accept all cookies. 

It makes us troubles running multiple page testing. Currenltly we are running test excluding google chrome users, but is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks, 

Level 2

Mario 08-11-15

Re: Testing on Google Chrome

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Optiverse.

Does this issue only happen in Chrome? Which version are you currently using?
Please check out following Knowledge Base article. https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040635.

It could be that some of the elements which you are applying your changes to are not even loaded while your variation code executes. It is imaginable that sometimes the elements get loaded in time and sometimes not.

Using the waitForDelayedContent() function might help solving the issue.

Best,
Mario

Sr. Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
Yosh 08-12-15

Hi Mario,  thank you very much for suggesting possible solution.

We tried to add the waitForDelayedContent() function to the variation code as you suggested, but the same issue happaned again. It only happens in Chrome. IE, Firefox, safari is fine.  And it seems to happen only in testing our ssl pages. 

My chrome version is 44.0.2403.130 m

Best, 

Level 2
Mario 08-12-15

Hi there,

This sounds like a specific issue being related to your experiment setup. Please submit a support ticket so that we can have a closer look at this issue.

Best,
Mario
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely
Yosh 08-13-15

Thanks. Unfortunately we are now using free plan, so no support ticket. If there are any other possible solutions, we are very delighted to know! 

Level 2