Rich-text Reply

Testing on a site blocked by a VPN

cwahlen 10-20-14
Accepted Solution

Testing on a site blocked by a VPN

We have a devopment site blocked by a VPN that we'd love to test on prior to launching the code to production.

The issue in this case is that the release process for this code base can linger for weeks so we wouldn't be able to preview how this would work in prod for a long time, but we want to be ready. Does anyone have any tips on how to accomplish this?

Level 2

Amanda 10-22-14

Re: Testing on a site blocked by a VPN

Can you add the snippet to your dev site? If so, then you can just run your experiment there. If it's a mirror image to your production site, then you can even load the production pages into the editor, make the needed changes, but then set your targeting to run only on the dev site. This will allow you to start your experiment and QA outside of production.

Does this help, or am I missing your question? Please let me know if I'm not fully answering your question.

For reference, we also have a great support article on how to preview and QA your experiment here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862554-Your-Pre-Launch-Checklist-QA-your-experiment...
Optimizely
cwahlen 10-31-14

Re: Testing on a site blocked by a VPN

worked great, thanks!

Level 2