Rich-text Reply

Time range

conradical 09-19-14
Accepted Solution

Time range

I'll preface this with I don't have platinum plan so what I'm asking for could be a feature there.

Anyway, I have a button on my site that says "Live Chat". I am testing it out with making it a little bigger, bold, and changing the copy to "Chat Now"

However we have chat available only between 8AM - 6PM Eastern - so this language is true then. Other times, it could be just the default "Live Chat" so it wouldn't be as misleading. My question is, could I set the same timer in Optimizely to start the experiment everyday at 8AM and end it at 6PM? So that the user experience isn't affected after hours?

Test and see.

Re: Time range

Hi Conradical!

I had a similar question a while back and received some great solutions from @Amanda and @siherron.

Check out this thread and see if it helps you out.

http://community.optimizely.com/t5/Developers/Experiment-scheduling/m-p/4666#M203

Happy Testing!
Keith Lovgren

conradical 09-19-14

Sweet! Thanks. I see that the Time of Day is platinum level only. I'll fiddle around with the JS option - but the Platinum option has been calling my name for a while and now seems like a good time.

Test and see.

We started out about 2+ years ago with Optimizely and quickly progressed up the ranks to platinum and haven't looked back. Feel free to message me if you'd like a "boots on the ground perspective" of the platinum plan.
Keith Lovgren