Rich-text Reply

Time range

conradical 09-19-14
Accepted Solution

Time range

I'll preface this with I don't have platinum plan so what I'm asking for could be a feature there.

Anyway, I have a button on my site that says "Live Chat". I am testing it out with making it a little bigger, bold, and changing the copy to "Chat Now"

However we have chat available only between 8AM - 6PM Eastern - so this language is true then. Other times, it could be just the default "Live Chat" so it wouldn't be as misleading. My question is, could I set the same timer in Optimizely to start the experiment everyday at 8AM and end it at 6PM? So that the user experience isn't affected after hours?

Test and see.
0 Likes
0 Likes

Re: Time range

Hi Conradical!

I had a similar question a while back and received some great solutions from @Amanda and @siherron.

Check out this thread and see if it helps you out.

http://community.optimizely.com/t5/Developers/Experiment-scheduling/m-p/4666#M203

Happy Testing!
Keith Lovgren

conradical 09-19-14

Sweet! Thanks. I see that the Time of Day is platinum level only. I'll fiddle around with the JS option - but the Platinum option has been calling my name for a while and now seems like a good time.

Test and see.

We started out about 2+ years ago with Optimizely and quickly progressed up the ranks to platinum and haven't looked back. Feel free to message me if you'd like a "boots on the ground perspective" of the platinum plan.
Keith Lovgren

0 Likes
0 Likes