Rich-text Reply

Track clicks to an existing goal

shirley 01-30-15

Track clicks to an existing goal

[ Edited ]

So I have an experiment set up with 2 variations. I have 3 of the same graphics on both experiments and I set up a new track clicks goal for each. Now for the other variation, I would like to assign it the same track clicks goal.

There is no option to track clicks to an existing goal. Only a new goal. If I give it the same name, I get a message that this goal already exists and a red error window.

How do I track my clicks to an existing goal?

Level 2

Re: Track clicks to an existing goal

Hi Shirley. Once you click the flag icon (next to the CTA "Start Experiment"), you should be able to see two calls-to-action:

1) Add a saved goal
2) Create a new goal

Can you see both?
shirley 01-30-15

Hi yes, I did see that but didn't see how I can attach anything to the graphics on my page...
Level 2
shirley 01-30-15

It shows me a mobile view even though I have desktop selected. My test doesn't run for mobile. So if I'm supposed to select an element from that view, it's not possible.
Level 2
vida 01-06-16

Yes, how do you do this??? There is no clear explanation on that page on how to use existing goals on new variations.
Level 1
JeanetteO 02-15-16

Hi, 

I have the same problem. Why can you not add an existing click goal to a new element at a new variation? 

Does anyoe know? Do I alsways have to have 2 goals if I have 2 variations of the page with 2 new elements I have added? 

Kind regards,

Jeanette

Any updates on how to solve this?