Rich-text Reply

Tracking Shopify Conversions

dearkates 04-21-14

Tracking Shopify Conversions

Hi all,

Do any Shopify users know about tracking revenue in Optimizely? Our conversions were not being captured in our Optimizely results, and I was told that the visitor lands in the experiment on our domain (dearkates.com), and then would move to the Shopify domain for the checkout funnel. Due to browser third-party cookie settings, the Optimizely cookie will be blocked when navigating from one domain to the second. This prevents us from being able to track revenue for our experiment...

Currently we are tracking shooping cart page views, but it seems there should be a way to capture revenue. Has anyone else managed?

Thanks!
Amanda

CROmetrics 04-25-14

Re: Tracking Shopify Conversions

Yes, I know ALL about this. The only way it works is if you sign up for the Shopify Gold version which allows you to put your cart on your own domain. Otherwise, you basically can't use Optimizely for Shopify shops.
dearkates 04-29-14

Hi Cyclin,

Thanks for the response! We have the "unlimited" plan (The options I see are "Basic," "Professional," and "Unlimited") and the cart is definitely not in our domain. I'll see if SHopify has anything to say about it.

kylerush 04-30-14

It's been a while since I worked with Shopify, but usually with e-commerce platforms that are hosted outside of your website there is a success or callback URL for a completed purchase. A possible solution is to create a generic thank you page on your domain and see if you can configure Shopify to redirect users to this page after a successful purchase. Then in Optimizely you can set your conversion goal to a URL match on your generic thank you page.

Below are some resources I found after some cursory Googling to help you with this.

http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/hey-experts-redirect-thank-you-page-to-myshopify-c...

http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/url-redirects-138501
Optimizely
CROmetrics 06-17-14

You need the new Plus plan: http://www.shopify.com/plus ($1,000/mo minimum)
CROmetrics 06-17-14

I have found that many of the Shopify FAQs have become outdated as their platform has evolved. I helped the people at Optimizely write an FAQ on this with screenshots and everything, so probably it will be published soon.
Meni 12-12-14

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has succeeding in doing this?

We are also in need of tracking the conversion, and the order value when using optimizely.

Level 1
CROmetrics 12-13-14

I don't think anything has changed - if you have Shopify Gold, it works, there is an FAQ in the Optimizely support page that I wrote about how to do it.  If you don't have Shopify Gold, then it doesn't work.  If you don't have enough volume to support Shopify Gold, then you need to look for alternative apps.  I think there is one in the Shopify app store that's based on Google Experiments.

luizcent 03-11-16

Thanks for the resources Kyle. Shopify has changed a lot in the last year, just pinged them on Twitter so hopefully I figure this out.
Level 1

Any response from Shopify on this? We're in the same situation.