Rich-text Reply

Tracking the path each of your user takes

Evanson509613 10-21-14

Tracking the path each of your user takes

This is my first post on here, so please, be gentle! Smiley Happy

Do you know if there is a way, without setting up a bagillion goals, to track the path of each user to enters through one of your variations? For example, I work for a lead generation company and I want to know for each lead generated the path that user took to get to the applicaiton page.

Our site has too many pages to try and track each possible path they could take. Is there anyone that can help me accomplish this goal?

Thank you in advance for any help & for not judgeing to harshly for the (possibly) stupid question!

Amanda 10-21-14

Re: Tracking the path each of your user takes

Hey @Evanson509613 - Can you tell us how you are currently tracking the user paths of your customers?  Also, can you please provide a bit of context on what you are hoping to accomplish by tracking the user path in connection to the variation? Are you looking to segment the results by referral source?

We are looking forward to hearing back! 

Optimizely
greg 10-22-14

Re: Tracking the path each of your user takes

Sounds like a task for an analytics tool, which can be integrated to work with Optimizely. For example, Google Analytics reports on behavior flow (the path users take throughout your site).
Level 2